Two awards in one week! I'm really feeling the blogging love these days! I was nominated by Nathan @ Life & Everything Else In Between. He is definitely one of my new favorite bloggers. Aside from his great writing skills he is also a guy (we need more male voices in the blogging community) and he's a fellow New Englander... we've got to stick together!
Anyway, The Liebster Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
This is how it works...
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the tagger set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
- Choose up to 11 people and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
- No tag backs!
I'm not sure if I can think of 11 interesting things about myself but I'm going to try!
- I was a vegetarian for 6.5 years because I bet someone I could do it longer than them.
- My hair is curly in the back but straight in the front. I also have a red streak that always impresses hair dressers.
- I don't really like chocolate but make up for it by eating copious amounts of ice cream.
- I had a big crush on Casper the friendly ghost when I was younger... sadly not even the part where he turns into Devon Sawa... just the cartoon version.
- When I did the Jameson Whiskey tour I got a little buzzed and then went shopping. I ended up buying a giant floppy sun hat that I have yet to wear because 1. there's no sun in Ireland and 2. only my drunk-self actually believes I can pull it off!
- I don't have a lot of fears but whenever I hear a loud booming noise I instantly think, "T-Rex!" and get more nervous than I should allow myself to.
- I took karate for five years and stopped at my brown belt (the one right before black). I was starting high school and the swim team but I still regret not making it to black!
- I generally have no less than three cups of tea a day (but only after my obligatory cup of coffee!)
- I played the saxophone for 8 years and was in my high school marching band.
- I'm trying to become a runner.
- I didn't go to class today but had every intention of catching up on reading... instead I've spent most of the day blogging (still reading, I guess!).
Now for the 11 questions Nathan has given me:
- What is your favorite thing to do during the summertime? Camping! I've miss the last two family camping trips since I've been in Ireland but I actually have a countdown for Labor Day when I'll finally get to camp again.
- Do you have any pets? Currently, no. My dog I had for 13 years passed away about a year ago. I thought it would be a while before I got another one but I've realized life just isn't the same without one so it's on the top of my list of things to do when I get back to the States!
- If you could do one thing right now what would it be? Eat ice cream. In fact I think I'll go get some now.
- Why did you start blogging and is it the same reason you still blog? I was studying abroad in Russia and I knew I wouldn't be able to call home frequently so blogging was my way of letting the family know what I was up to. I still blog to document travels but I've added a few new pieces to it since then.
- Who do you look up to and why? So many people but one of the people I most look up to is my Grandmother. She lived in Germany during WWII and lost almost all of her family there. She made her way to the US where she worked her butt off to raise a family. She's amazing.
- Coke, Pepsi, or both and why? Can I say neither? I'm not a big soda drinker but if I was to have anything it would probably be Sprite!
- What's your dream job? I would love to be a travel journalist or something fancy like that! Getting paid to see the world and blog about it? I'd be down with that!
- If I could give you a plane ticket to anywhere, where would it be? Anywhere! I don't care where it is I'm traveling as long as there is something to see and do when I arrive there. I've never been to Asia so that's probably at the top of my list.
- What's the most random-est thing you've ever done? See above with the whole vegetarian because of a bet thing!
- When was the last time you saw a movie in theaters, what was it? Hmm... I went a few months ago to see Hunger Games. Loved it!
- How do you feel about social media and technology in general today? I think it can get overwhelming and it's easy to get lost in it but I've kept some amazing friendships going because of social media so I wouldn't really change any of it!
My 11 questions for those nominated:
- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
- Mac or PC?
- What is your favorite meal?
- What is the one song you can't resist getting up and dancing to?
- What is your favorite picture? Share it!
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- Do you have any tattoos?
- If money was no issue, in what store would you spend the most?
- Do you have any pets?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Morgan @ Miss DIY Monster
- Erin @ The Grass Skirt
- Emily @ Fate from 5'8
- Amy @ Ok, Amy
- Tere @ Un "Shake"Able
Phew, that was a long post but it was worth it. Thank you again Nathan for the award!