I really wanted to write something today but no matter how hard I tried to think of a topic I came up short. Then I remembered that I was nominated for Liebster Award months ago! I am a terrible person for taking forever to do this, and an even more terrible person for not thanking Anie over at 14sixty for the nomination!
Here are the questions she gave me:
Here are the questions she gave me:
- If you could visit anywhere in the world where would it be?
I would really love to go to any part of Asia. I feel like the culture and lifestyle is so different there that it would be fascinating! I think spending a few days in a city in India or China would be awesome but then I would have to travel to a jungle location to decompress.
- What would be your dream job?
Oh, this is tough. There are so many things I love to do but if I could create a job that involved traveling, playing with animals, and eating lots of different food (without getting fat) I think I would be in heaven.
- What is an item that you couldn't live without?
This is pretty lame but I would really struggle without my computer or smartphone. I'm sure there are much more substantial things that I wouldn't want to live without but my computer really is crucial to my everyday comfort.
- If you could only share one piece of advice, what would it be?Travel. I think you learn so much about yourself when you travel, whether it is by yourself, in a large group, or with just a few friends. Every trip is unique and I truly believe that my traveling has had more impact on my life than anything else.
- Are there certain things that you will not write about on your blog? What is it?Certain family things I tend to shy away from. Some of those things I just don't feel comfortable having the whole world reading about (because the whole world reads my blog, of course!).
- What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
I'm sure I have some pretty horrific moment that I could share but the first one that comes to mind is once when I was younger I went to the beach with my family and when I went to take my t-shirt off, I accidentally grabbed my bathing suit top and ripped that off, too. Extremely awkward for myself and everyone at the beach.
- If you could only use one form of make up what would it be? (eye liner, mascara, foundation, etc.)
I think mascara makes the most difference for my face so I would stick with that if everything else was taken away.
- Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging to document a few trips that I was going to be taking in a short period of time. I thought it would be a good way to keep my family in the loop while also allowing me to look back and remember the events without have to dig up an old journal.
- What are you hoping to achieve from your blog?
I don't really have any goals for the blog other than to keep documenting my travels and, when life gets boring, document some of that stuff, too. I'm always surprised when I realized other people actually read this but it's always a happy bonus!
- Would you rather stay up late, or wake up early?
I definitely would consider myself a night owl but since I've started working full time again I've gotten used to being up at 6 and in bed at 10. I do love how productive I am on the weekends when I get up early.
- What is your proudest moment?
I've been thinking about this one for a few minutes now and I really can't think of any one moment that I would say I am most proud of. That either makes me pretty lame or I just have too many good moments to choose from. I'll go with the second option!