$60,000 in Debt: Month 6

Monday, November 3, 2014

Another month down!  I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel with my credit card.  Two more months and I think that'll be gone.  Then it's just the car and the student loans which will naturally take longer.  Milestone of the month? Under 50K of total debt!  It is still a lot, but I'm getting there slowly.  

I'm also making sure I'm building up my savings while I have time and of course the 401k is always a priority.  Having no debt today would be amazing, but I need to keep the future in mind and remind myself that my savings will be much more valuable down the road.

Five Months

Sunday, November 2, 2014

We're going on five months of the long distance/deployment relationship and I'm happy to say we're still going strong.  I think we're both very much in the groove of going about our day and just trying not think about how long it has been since we've seen each other, and how long we still have to go.

I don't know how people handled deployments before the internet existed.  We get to text from about the time I wake up in the morning until he goes to sleep around 4 or 5pm. Granted texting is nothing compared to an actual in-person conversation, but it is really wonderful compared to the alternative (only communicating via letter).

While I was in Aruba I could only connect to wifi when standing in our hotel's closet and the limited amount of communication we had made me appreciated what we DO have so much more.

We also get to skype once or twice during the week.  At least one longer session on the weekends, and if I can get time, I'll use a lunch break to run out to my car to chat.  Again, getting to see his face once or twice makes me wonder how people even survived with just texting or emailing.  I'm very spoiled and so so lucky.

Of course I have no nice pictures to share with you.  The only time we take pictures is when one of us gets frozen while skyping and looks like a weirdo.  Ok.... he does screenshots when I look like a weirdo and I have to write "poop" all over his face to attempt to get back at him... it doesn't work. I am officially releasing the below picture to the public to prevent it from ever being used as blackmail.


Saturday, November 1, 2014

I've been back from Aruba now for a few weeks, but things have been too crazy with work to find time to post about it.  My friend's parents have a two week timeshare down there and every year take one week and then give the second week to one of their two sons.  This year it was my friend's turn and he so kindly invited a few of us to go along.

I'd say about 75% of the trip was spent lounging by the pool and/or the beach.  The other 25% was spent on eating, drinking, and activities.  If you ever find yourself in Aruba I would recommend all of the excursions we did.

Jolly Pirate

Kuku Kanuku

Jeep Safari Tour

And some miscellaneous pictures...