Fourth Of July Weekend

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

I know I'm a little late with this post, but I had a jam-packed weekend that I'm only just now recovered enough to sit down and write.

I was let out of work early on Thursday and quickly headed home.  Josh and I were making the trek down to New Jersey to meet up with my friends.  After a stop at the liquor store, Walgreen's, and the gas station, we finally hit the road.  It was a beautiful day so as much as driving for 4 hours is not that fun, it could have been worse.  It also helps to have someone you like as a copilot.

When we arrived in NJ, we immediately cracked open a few beers and just sat around the kitchen table chatting and catching up.  An hour or so later the second car load of friends arrived.  There are few feelings as nice as just being surrounded by people you love and talking and laughing until everyone passes out on their respective aerobeds/pull out couches/real beds.


The next morning was pretty relaxed.  We had a delicious breakfast and coffee while we just lounged a bit.  Later we visited the grocery store and then hit the road.  We headed about 45 minutes north to Bear Mountain.  It was a beautiful mountain with trails, fields, a pond, and places to just hang out.  We sat by the pond and made lunches and just continued to relax.  (Looking back at how much sitting around we did makes me wonder why I was so tired after it all, but it was somehow exhausting.)

 It was pretty hot out so we didn't stay too long, but we made sure to stop for ice cream on our way back home.

That night we had sushi and pad thai at a place called Tani.  Apparently all of the restaurants down there are BYOB which was really awesome.  We all brought our own drinks and probably saved a few hundred dollars.

After dinner we headed over to the one place that DID sell drinks and we spent the rest of the night laughing harder than I can remember in a long time.


Josh and I had to get up early the next morning to head back home.  Despite having rain in the forecast, we lucked out and had a dry ride home.  His family was having a 4th of July/May/June/July Birthday Party.  I haven't seen most of his family since around October of last year, so it was nice to get to catch up with them.


Sunday morning we went for a little road trip.  There will (hopefully) be more on this later, but I don't want to jinx anything at this point.

After our road trip we took Otto back to my house where him and Mac played for about 6 hours straight.  They are so adorable together.  Otto is finally over his fear of Mac and both of them played until they couldn't lift their head off the floor and just layed across from each other pawing each other's faces.

By the time I laid down in bed Sunday night I was wiped.  I still feel exhausted now two days later.  I'd love to say that I have a nice weekend coming up to catch up on rest, but I don't have one of those for at least the next three weeks.  August will be my rest time...

No comments:

Post a Comment